Last year Olga attended the always inspiring and incredibly popular Fashion Design for 16 to 18 Year Olds course, which is now fully booked for this year’s Summer School – so book your Christmas School places sharpish! Today we look at the amazing work she produced whilst upon the course.
Photograph of student, Olga Wiślicz-Iwańczyk

Olga Wiślicz-Iwańczyk

What is your name and where are you from?

Olga Wiślicz-Iwańczyk, I’m a student in my final year of high school and I am from Warsaw, Poland.

What course did you study on and why did you choose it?

I chose Fashion Design for 16 to 18 Year Olds because, since I want to apply for a Foundation course, I felt it was important to experience how it is to study at Central Saint Martins.

Painted model in pink wearing a drawn jacket

© Olga Wiślicz-Iwańczyk

What did you enjoy most about your course?

I thoroughly enjoyed the course, especially the tutors’ unique approach to creating art which taught me to think out of the box and not to be afraid to take risks.

Collage of women wearing an outfit, outfit depicts a frost scene made from folded paper

© Olga Wiślicz-Iwańczyk

How has this course benefited your career and personal development?

During the course I learnt a lot about the design process and I will definitely be using that knowledge when creating my portfolio. I was also inspired to experiment with my art and have more fun with it!

Collage of women wearing an outfit, outfit depicts bright colours made from folded paper

© Olga Wiślicz-Iwańczyk

What would you say to someone who is thinking about taking a short course at Central Saint Martins?

Whether you are planning to apply to CSM or are just looking to try something new, you will surely learn a lot in a great atmosphere. It’s an unforgettable experience that allows you to look at your work in a fresh new way!

Painted figure, wearing a blue, yellow and pink outfit, stands in front of an abstract collage background

© Olga Wiślicz-Iwańczyk

What do you believe is integral to the work of an artist, in any discipline?

I think inspiration is what truly gives art meaning. Well-done research and an emotional connection to the subject are fundamental.

What three words best describe your short course experience at CSM?

Inspiring. Fun. Unforgettable.

Drawn figure, wearing a pink squares and blue cross-hairs outfit, stands in front of a shells and aquatic shapes collage background

© Olga Wiślicz-Iwańczyk

There are plenty more amazing courses for teenagers to book upon this Summer School, starting every Monday. Early birds can also secure their Fashion Design for 16 to 18 Year Olds course placements upon our upcoming Christmas School session right now – see you there!