It’s competition WINNER announcement time again and we’re super excited to say that Pantaree Kambhato is our second Student Stories Summer School 2019 questionnaire winner! Congratulations, you’ve won a CSM Short Course of your choosing, up to the value of £600. Pantaree attended Jane Francis’s inspiring Fashion Design for 16 to 18 Year Olds short course and we loved seeing the progress made through her wonderful sketchbook work, “I knew very little about drawing and designing for the fashion industry beforehand … I learnt to draw in a more organic and exciting way. I thoroughly enjoyed my course.”

Pantaree Kambhato siting on a boat.

Pantaree Kambhato

Where are you from and what’s your favourite thing about it?

I am from Thailand and my favourite thing about my country are the people.

What are you studying and where?

I am currently in full time education, studying for my A levels at Benenden School.

Three drawn figures wearing designs by Pantaree Kambhato.

© Pantaree Kambhato

What short course did you to study upon at Central Saint Martins (CSM), and what was your journey to the course?

I attended the Fashion Design for 16 to 18 Year Olds short course. I had an incredible and insightful journey; I knew very little about drawing and designing for the fashion industry beforehand, and thought that the course was going to teach us how to draw the perfect mannequin and draw meticulously – to my surprise it was the complete opposite! I learnt to draw in a more organic and exciting way. I thoroughly enjoyed my course.

Sketch book work, four drawn figures wearing designs by Pantaree Kambhato.

© Pantaree Kambhato

What did you enjoy most about your short course?

I enjoyed learning to think outside the box, exploring even the simplest objects and understanding how to potentially create masterpieces from them.

What is it like studying in London?

I have always loved London. It is an incredibly fast-paced and energetic city and I can draw and explore so many places.

Sketch book work, collage of a man working on a car and three drawn figures wearing designs by Pantaree Kambhato.

© Pantaree Kambhato

How has your short course benefited your career, education and/or personal development? What are you going to do next with your new skills?

Our tutors told us at the beginning of the week that we were going to either know if we were made for it (fashion design), or not. Post-course, I know that I want to enter the fashion industry! The course has opened a new path for me and I am now excited to draw menswear designs whenever I have any free time.

Scanned sketch book pages on a desk and a large painted figure wearing designs by Pantaree Kambhato.

© Pantaree Kambhato

What would you say to someone who is thinking about taking a short course at CSM? Why should they study there?

If you ever have the chance to take one, take it. It was one of the most worthwhile choices I have ever made; CSM has an organic way of working and which you will never experience anywhere else.

Sketch book work, collage of a man in a television and three drawn figures wearing designs by Pantaree Kambhato.

© Pantaree Kambhato

What do you believe is integral to the work of an artist/creative, in any discipline?

You have to be passionate and determined to succeed in any discipline. A passion to create will get you much further than you think.

What 3 words best describe your CSM Short Course experience?

Unexpected. Worthwhile. Insightful.

© Pantaree Kambhato

Feeling inspired? You can secure your place upon an upcoming Fashion Design for 16 to 18 Year Olds course right now with one week intensive courses returning for Christmas School and Easter School 2020. Week 9 of Summer School starts next week and we’ll also be picking one final Student Stories winner in September; be sure to enter your short course experiences with us by completing our Student Stories questionnaire. Good luck.