Nora Venediktova is a final year Fashion Design student who spent her summer holidays developing her pattern cutting skills on the Pattern Making – Experimental and Explorative Approaches Part 2 short course. We loved seeing her work progress throughout the week!  When asked what she believed to be integral to the work of a creative? she replied “Self education, self analysis, self understanding.”

© Nora Venediktova

Where are you from and what’s your favorite thing about it?

I am from the Russian Federation and my favourite thing is the sincerity of people and orientation on self development.

What are you studying and where?

I’m studying BA Fashion Design at Stieglitz Academy of Art and Design, I’m in my final year.

© Nora Venediktova

What short course did you to study on at Central Saint Martins (CSM)?

Pattern Making – Experimental and Explorative Approaches part 2. I consider pattern making a very (if not the most) important stage in fashion design. That is why I chose this course.

What did you enjoy most about your short course?

I enjoyed communicating with other creative minds.

© Nora Venediktova

What is it like studying in London?

The freedom to say what you want with your work and get understanding and support.

© Nora Venediktova

How has your short course benefited your education?

I’ve become more conscious about garment construction, what I’m doing, why and how I’m doing it. I also found new ways of creating patterns from my designs.

© Nora Venediktova

Can you recommend a piece of art, in any medium, you feel everyone should see?

I find the clothes of Rick Owens very inspiring. He can probably be called a sculptor whose medium is fabric.

© Nora Venediktova

You can follow Nora on Instagram to see more of her stunning work (@strudeleater).

Patternmaking  – Experimental and Explorative Approaches Part 1 & Part 2 short courses return for our Christmas School and Easter School. If you’re looking for something sooner, we also have evening, Saturday and weekend courses to choose from with Autumn Term starting on 30 September 2019.