Today we are sharing the wonderful work of Petra Katarina Miklasova who attended two short courses at CSM over the Summer School. We adored the amazing garments Petra created and she said of the courses, “(they) have given me a lot more self-confidence and motivation. I have learned a lot over summer and am using my new skills towards putting together a portfolio.”.
Petra Katarina Miklasova sitting on a step.

Petra Katarina Miklasova

Where are you from and what’s your favourite thing about it?

I come from Slovakia and I absolutely adore our nature and mountains!

What are you studying and where?

I am currently studying at a Business Academy in Trnava, Slovakia.

Plastic bags and a large ripped card bag draped on a mannequin.

© Petra Katarina Miklasova

What short courses did you to study upon at Central Saint Martins (CSM)?

During Summer School I took two short courses, Draping Womenswear Design and Fashion Patternmaking for 16 to 18 Year Olds.

Calico material draped on a mannequin.

© Petra Katarina Miklasova

What did you enjoy most about your short courses?

My favourite thing was definitely getting to experience working in the studios at the Kings Cross, Granary Square campus, the atmosphere there was amazing. I loved how inspired I felt whilst working there!

A sleevless top and skirt, made of paper, on a mannequin.

© Petra Katarina Miklasova

How has your short courses benefited your career, education and/or personal development? What are you going to do next with your new skills?

The courses have given me a lot more self-confidence and motivation. I have learned a lot over summer and am using my new skills towards putting together a portfolio.

A dress made of plastic bags and black and clear rubbish bags on a mannequin.

© Petra Katarina Miklasova

What would you say to someone who is thinking about taking a short course at CSM. Why should they study there?

Give it a try, especially if you’re planning on applying to CSM! It is a really great way of getting to know the college better, gaining some more experience and making things that you can add to your portfolio.

What 3 words best describe your CSM Short Course experience?

Inspiring. Unforgettable. Outstanding.

Foil styled into a large neck garment on a mannequin.

© Petra Katarina Miklasova

You can see more of Petra’s wonderful work via her Instagram, @petula_mikl. We also have upcoming dates for Draping Womenswear Design starting in a few weeks and Fashion Patternmaking for 16 to 18 Year Olds taking place during Christmas School.